Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Jon Danniken[_2_] Jon Danniken[_2_] is offline

Default Lowe's Lousy Inventory

Larry Caldwell wrote:
I went to Lowe's today to pick up an assortment of materials; a 1
micron water filter, a toilet handle, a tube of butyl calk, a gallon
of Snow Roof, a 3" self-closing RV trailer dump fitting, and a 3x2
curb mount Velux skylight.

I ended up getting the toilet handle. None of the other items were in
stock. What kind of building supply store doesn't stock butyl calk?
Last month I went there looking for a quad 20 breaker, and they didn't
stock those either. The irritating thing is that, when Lowes built
their store, a local building supply went out of business, but I could
buy all the stuff at the local building supply in one stop.

When the local Lowes went up earlier this year I stopped by to check it out.
On the front door was a large welcome sign in both English and Spanish.
This theme was repeated throughout the store.

Now I'm pretty sure the last time I checked that this was still America, and
that immigrants to this country should understand English if they wish to
live here. Apparently not to the executives at Lowes.

I walked out of that store within five minutes of walking into it, and I
will never set foot in it again.

Jon