Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Lowe's Lousy Inventory

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 16:08:13 -0700, Larry Caldwell
wrote:

I went to Lowe's today to pick up an assortment of materials; a 1 micron
water filter, a toilet handle, a tube of butyl calk, a gallon of Snow
Roof, a 3" self-closing RV trailer dump fitting, and a 3x2 curb mount
Velux skylight.

I ended up getting the toilet handle. None of the other items were in
stock. What kind of building supply store doesn't stock butyl calk?
Last month I went there looking for a quad 20 breaker, and they didn't
stock those either. The irritating thing is that, when Lowes built
their store, a local building supply went out of business, but I could
buy all the stuff at the local building supply in one stop.

Some stores are larger than others, depending on location and demand.
And then stores have various marketing strategies. Right now I need
gardening supplies and equipment and the large stores have moved all
of that out and put in Christmas decorations. I had to do some
Internet shopping, and the local stores can't understand why they are
not doing so well.