Posted to misc.rural,alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Lowe's Lousy Inventory

Larry Caldwell wrote:
I went to Lowe's today to pick up an assortment of materials; a 1
micron water filter, a toilet handle, a tube of butyl calk, a gallon
of Snow Roof, a 3" self-closing RV trailer dump fitting, and a 3x2
curb mount Velux skylight.

I ended up getting the toilet handle. None of the other items were in
stock. What kind of building supply store doesn't stock butyl calk?
Last month I went there looking for a quad 20 breaker, and they didn't
stock those either. The irritating thing is that, when Lowes built
their store, a local building supply went out of business, but I could
buy all the stuff at the local building supply in one stop.

When Lowe's bought out our local chain, Eagle, it was the same deal. The first 5
things I needed I finally found in the "closeout" area. They stock way less than
Eagle did. But they are still often better than HD.