Posted to alt.home.repair
E Z Peaces E Z Peaces is offline

Default extension cords

The Daring Dufas wrote:
HeyBub wrote:
The Daring Dufas wrote:
David Nebenzahl wrote:
On 9/11/2009 7:29 PM HeyBub spake thus:

Northe wrote:

Got into a box of extension cords today. Found an old outside
110 2 wire one. Is there any reason to keep this???

What can you do with 110v 2 wire extension cords?
Use them for double-insulated electric tools and Christmas lights.
The problem with some tools and lights, though is that they may
have the one-blade-larger plugs that won't fit an older two-wire
extension cord. I've noticed that some Christmas light strings
have the wider blade, some don't.
The new plugs will fit the older cords if you grind down the
polarizing plug.

A Dremel tool works swell for this.
So does an ordinary hand file. Voop voop--done.

Diagonal wire cutters are quicker.

It's okay - you can say what you mean. This is not a particularily PC
newsgroup - "Dikes" is permitted.

Some of my best friends are diagonal wire cutters.

TDD

What's the best tool for cutting round wire?