Posted to alt.home.repair
willshak willshak is offline

Default Skunks breeding next door

on 9/12/2009 5:09 PM (ET) hr(bob) wrote the following:
On Sep 12, 3:33 pm, Phisherman wrote:

The house next to mine is abandoned and skunks are living under the
rotten deck, or perhaps even inside the house. I don't care about
that, but now my back deck smells of skunk when the wind blows a
certain direction. I called the City Animal Control and they said
they can't do anything about it since it is not my property. Then I
called the city manager and someone came out to take a look, but that
was 3 months ago. The owner is paid up with property tax so the city
will not do anything. I'd prefer not to break any laws. Am I stuck?
We have red fox and hawks, but not sure if they will bother a skunk.

How about playing a radio (that you don't care about getting back
smell-free) day and night where you think they are living to see if
the noise will drive them away? You could push it near where they are
living using a long pole so that you don't end up smelling like their
living quarters,

Turn it to a rap station. That will drive anything away.

--

Bill
In Hamptonburgh, NY