Posted to alt.home.repair
HeyBub[_3_] HeyBub[_3_] is offline

Default Skunks breeding next door

Phisherman wrote:
The house next to mine is abandoned and skunks are living under the
rotten deck, or perhaps even inside the house. I don't care about
that, but now my back deck smells of skunk when the wind blows a
certain direction. I called the City Animal Control and they said
they can't do anything about it since it is not my property. Then I
called the city manager and someone came out to take a look, but that
was 3 months ago. The owner is paid up with property tax so the city
will not do anything. I'd prefer not to break any laws. Am I stuck?
We have red fox and hawks, but not sure if they will bother a skunk.

I'm pretty sure skunks won't honor property lines. Put out some traps.