Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mm mm is offline

Default Philips Active Noise Canceling Headphones, SHN2500 OEM - SHN2500-B ???

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 07:41:38 -0700, "iws" wrote:

.. .

http://www.buy.com/prod/philips-acti...tml?adid=17992

| Their list price is only 30 dollars.
|
| I thought to be noise cancelling, there had to be a microphone that
| listened to background noise and a circuit that reversed the noise and
| simultaneously played it through the speakers or earphones.
|
| It's not just on this shlocky website that I see the term used to
| mean, afaict, "fills your ear canal so the noise can't get it". Or do
| they do more than that.
|
| Thanks.

Yes, they will have some sort of active noise cancelling circuitry with a
microphone. It's all in the separate module shown next to the ear pieces.
How well it works is another story but the reviews for this model seem
pretty positive.

Wow. That's amazing. Thanks.

(I am not going to shop anymore at buy.com, however. Too many
problems.)