Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Cheap wallpaper strippers

On Sat, 12 Sep 2009 15:20:26 +0100, BodgeIt wrote:

Just wondered if anyone has used either of these cheapy steam
strippers from screwfix.

Not those ones, but the Direct Power one doesn't state the hose
length. The Earlex has 12' which is a useable length. I also notice
that neither are on castors, I'd be concerned about pulling it over.
OK it's sealed and shouldn't deposit 4l of boiling water on the floor
or squirt boiling water out of the presssure relief vent or safety
valve but... Having to constantly shift the thing might be a PITA as
well.

I have an Earlex that is on casters and it nicely follows you about
the room. Looking at the earlex site now none of the current models
are on castors. It works does what it supposed to do, make this
another vote for an Earlex.

--
Cheers
Dave.