Posted to alt.home.repair

Default opinion of GE water heaters

Can't remember if I have the old paper work. For $200, maybe
I try and find it. You may very well be correct.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

"Jon Danniken" wrote in
message ...

Unless the warranty specified a prorated price (like an
automotive battery),
GE should have provided you a replacement unit at no cost.

If it were me, I would have talked to a Home Despot manager.
Failing
resolution, even at the stage you are at now, bring up the
issue with GE,
mentioning things like State Attorney General, lawyers,
breach of contract,
your local news media, and the like. It won't take much
squeaking for your
wheel to be greased.

Bottom line is that it sounds like you got screwed out of
the terms of your
warranty, if it indeed covered replacement of the unit.

Jon