Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] Bruce L. Bergman[_2_] is offline

Default cheapest place to find insulation

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 18:39:32 -0400, Wes wrote:

Randy wrote:

My ceiling joists were 18-20" on centers, I had to buy all 24" wide
and cut it all down to fit, a real PITA. ( 100 year old building).

What did you use to cut it with? I'm using a cheap scalloped butcher knife that seems to
work okay.

Use two boards - one as a cutting surface, and one as a
straightedge/crusher. When you snmash the Fiberglass batt flat, a
plain old Stanley retractable Shop Knife works a treat.

Change the blades when they get dull, they are cheap enough.

-- Bruce --