Posted to alt.home.repair
Pete C. Pete C. is offline

Default NM cable in garage?

DGDevin wrote:

Pete C. wrote:

Codes try to protect the ignorant from themselves, those of us who are
not ignorant do not want or need that intrusion into our affairs or
the costs associated with it.

But it isn't just your affair. If you do it wrong then it becomes the
affair of the fire dept., people whose lives will be on the line. Depending
on where you live it could also be something your neighbors have an interest
in since fires don't respect property lines. It's also the affair of
whoever moves into the home after you're gone.

Yes, it is just my affair. Your paranoia of what might happen does not
justify intrusion onto my property. Your dog might come onto my property
and attack me while I'm mowing my lawn, so I should be able to ban your
inherently dangerous dog.

Building inspectors should be available
to do optional inspections for a fee just like private home
inspectors.

Your local slumlord is salivating at the idea....

Invalid. The local slumlord owns commercial property, not residential.