Posted to rec.woodworking

Default breadboard ends

No hard and fast rule I am aware of. I try to read all the design
standards type articles I see and archive many of them but don't
recall this ever being discussed. Yeah 3-5" seems in the typical
range. I would look for some symmetry from elsewhere in the design.
Maybe equal to the depth of the apron, or equal to the width of the
joined boards that make up the top or some multiple or golden
rectangle ratio (1: 1.618) from elsewhere in the design like the width
of the legs.

It seems to me that linking elements in this manner always helps hold
the asthetic together.

On Sep 11, 8:18*am, "Joe" wrote:
What is the wreck's opinion on how wide a breadboard end can be on a kitchen
table? *I'm looking to add length, but don't want proportions to look bad.
Overall, the table will be 6'9" by 3'6"

tia,

jc