Posted to uk.d-i-y
george (dicegeorge) george (dicegeorge) is offline

Default acetic acid wherefrom?

Stuart Noble wrote:
george (dicegeorge) wrote:
Where can I buy some dilute acetic acid from?

I've bought some Peelaway from the internet
to remove paint from plaster mouldings,
it's made of Sodium Hydroxide, an alkali
and it says i need dilute acetic acid to wash down afterwards.
The kit even includes Litmus paper to check its been neutralised!

I think its vinegar but that would stain the plasterwork wouldnt it?

[g]

Is it oil based paint you're removing? Alkali strippers won't touch
emulsion.

whoops
i think its emulsion which someone smothered the moulding with..
so the peelaway might not work...
[g]