Posted to alt.home.repair
Steve Barker[_5_] Steve Barker[_5_] is offline

Default Older house wiring puzzle

bob haller wrote:
On Sep 11, 12:34�am, Steve Barker wrote:
bob haller wrote:
does the clients homeowners insurance know they have K&T?
The home really needs a complete rewire bringing up to current code
once you muck with this a future fire can see you on the hook for
damages and insurtance company can go after you.........
K&T is very obsolete and what of attic insulation? as you said you
cant imbed K&T in insulation and the roof is the largest loss of heat
in a home......
you say client, are you doing repairs there?

their insurance, like mine, probably couldn't care less.

GUARANTEED they will if theres a fire. you having been the last to
work on the wiring will be on the hook. are you insured? liability if
theres a fire? are you a registered electrician?

besides TODAY most insurance companies wouldnt take on new customers
with K&T

BULL****. pure and simple bull****. Bob buddy, we've been down this
road before in this group about K&T wiring and your Bull**** theories
about insurance. I even ASKED my *new* insurance agent about this exact
thing, and he said "we could care less". He also told me they're not
concerned as to who worked on the wiring last, cause I told him I do all
my own work. So, why not just drop the bull**** insurance thing about
this type of wiring. There's absolutely NO documented evidence about
K&T wiring causing fires, there's absolutely NO documented evidence
about K&T wiring being covered with insulation being any more dangerous
than if not covered, AND there's absolutely NO documentation to
substantiate your bull**** claim that insurance companies will not
insure a house with K&T wiring. Why don't you just get off it? Did
your mom whip you with K&T wiring, or what? What is your big ****ing
deal anyway?