Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Older house wiring puzzle

On 9/11/2009 10:48 AM dpb spake thus:

David Nebenzahl wrote:

But yes, the previous poster's shrieks of alarm are unwarranted.

Indeed...

But, it's his personal vendetta it appears despite chastisement and
demonstration that he's simply just generally wrong on numerous previous
occasions as well...

Plus he's one of the few posters here with the annoying habit of never
quoting previous replies (small point, but not in his favor).

I will say that I think exercising due caution when doing electrical
work is important. I cringe when I see the numerous news reports of
houses burning down, just wondering whether it was an electrical fire
that was responsible. I don't *ever* want to be the cause of such a fire.

But that doesn't mean one has to be a total Cassandra about it either ...