Juergen Hannappel

Default How much weight can a wall support (mounting a cabinet on awall)

"Mannanan MacLir" writes:

I am building an oak cabinet, roughly 48 inches wide, 30 high, and 10 deep
which will contain glassware. I want to wall mount this unit, and I was
wondering if (normal) walls are up to the task, and what are the best means
of anchoring it to the wall to have the best support. Any ideas?

You should specify what "normal" walls are. Wooden walls as in the
U.S. are quite different from the normal brick or concrete walls in
Europe, where they are certainly up to the task, IF you are able to
anchor the screws well. So first tell what kind of a wll you have.
Phone: +49 228 73 2447 FAX ... 7869
Physikalisches Institut der Uni Bonn Nussallee 12, D-53115 Bonn, Germany
CERN: Phone: +412276 76461 Fax: ..77930 Bat. 892-R-A13 CH-1211 Geneve 23