Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Tim[_20_] Tim[_20_] is offline

Default cheapest place to find insulation

"stryped" wrote in message
On Sep 9, 8:29 pm, rangerssuck wrote:
On Sep 8, 12:00 pm, stryped wrote:

I am wanting to insulate my 30x30 shop with 2x4 walls on 2 foot
centers. Is there an online source for insulation or is Lowes or home
depot the cheapest place to go. Money is getting tight. I can use r13
or r-19. I live in Kentucky. The winters get cold but it is not like
some of you guys up north. And this is a garage/hobby shop not a place
of business.

Any suggestions? I have done a search and found unfaced r-19 for 30
bucks for 75 square feet but if I am figuring right that comes up to
600 bucks.

Don't use OSB for facing - it's too flammable. BUT, in places where
you know you'll be hanging stuff, you can put OSB or some dimensional
lumber under the sheetrock to use as nailers later.

--Does anyone here use osb for their shop? I just dont think I can tape/
--mud drywall. I really dont have any experience with it.

Tape and mud are a piece of cake compared to what you have accomplished so
far. Besides, it's a shop. I doubt I would even sand them, just use a flat
or eggshell latex.