Posted to misc.consumers.house
Bill[_9_] Bill[_9_] is offline

Default Fridge filters?

Install a regular filter before the refrigerator on the water line going to
the refrigerator. When buying this filter, look at the prices of the
replacement filters before buying. Then get the type with a lower cost
replacement filter.

Then install that and also get a new high priced replacement filter for your
refrigerator.

From then on, you will only need to replace the lower cost filter as this
will catch all the particles before the refrigerator filter. I did this with
my refrigerator and the refrigerator filter still looks brand new after 4
years!

"Stan Brown" wrote in message
Anybody know a good source? I hate to pay Whirlpool's direct-from-
the-manufacturer prices.

Or is this one of those situations where you really do have to buy
from the manufacturer because no third-party equivalent is available?