Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default resawn floorboards (from old joists)

In article ,
george (dicegeorge) wrote:
Just to clarify; I want to build in sympathy with the rest of the
house. This means no T+G (and no chipboard of course). It means
using boards similar to the ones I already have even though better
quality ones might be available.

Why not tongue and groove?
The difference wont show,
but if the wood does expand or contract there wont be so many draughts.
Or does the secret nailing stop the groove being an expansion joint?

Think you'll have problems getting T&G with the same perceived width of
board.

--
*I was once a millionaire but my mom gave away my baseball cards

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.