Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default resawn floorboards (from old joists)

In article ,
The Natural Philosopher wrote:
You'd be hard pressed to find timber of that quality at affordable
prices new. If at all.

Bwahaha.

http://www.ukarchitecturalantiques.c...loorboards_219

about £30 per square meter

I can get oak for less than that..a lot less.

So give the URL so we can compare. Plus of course, if you already have
pine, you may want to match it.

Its about £30 a cubic foot. That's a raw lumber price at say 25mm
thickness (planed to 19mm) of around 75p a sq foot. Or maybe £7.50 a
square meter. OK sawing and planing takes it up a LOT, but not that much.

http://www.adoos.co.uk/post/1942892/..._starting_from

they claim £13 a square meter.

Id say £20 is nearer for most places I've looked.

But most Victorian floorboards weren't tongue and groove. Too much
movement in the average Victorian house. ;-)

And lack of spindle moulders

More ********. HTF do you think they made all those mouldings? By hand?

--
*Out of my mind. Back in five minutes.