Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robert Laws Robert Laws is offline

Default resawn floorboards (from old joists)

On Sep 9, 3:40*pm, RobertL wrote:
For flooring an extension to my Victorian house I am planning to use
reclaimed victorian floorboard ...

*Is there anything to aware of with such resawn boards? *is the joist
wood likely to be softer for example, or to have more knots in it?

Thank you all for your comments many of which are very helpful.

Just to clarify; I want to build in sympathy with the rest of the
house. This means no T+G (and no chipboard of course). It means
using boards similar to the ones I already have even though better
quality ones might be available.

I deally I would use salvaged Victorian floorboard, but resawn joists
is also an option it seems.

thanks,

Robert