Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bench Drill died - any suggestions ?

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 23:13:38 +0100, Adrian Brentnall wrote:

Please be assured that we do not intentionally despatch goods deemed to
be unfit for purpose and should a fault occur within any warranty period
we would endeavour to rectify this situation.

It might be worth reminding CPC that under EU law consumer purchases
have a 24 month warranty period not
12.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/bargain...and-guides/art
icle.html?in_article_id=487339&in_page_id=53954&in _advicepage_id=131

http://tinyurl.com/24-Warranty

Read that carefully and have a look at the 1999/44/EC EU Directive,
it is a grey area.

Whilst I do appreciate that the goods may or not have been used
intermittently an inherent fault would have been made noticeable from
initial use and therefore cannot be returned as " unfit for purpose".

CPC are correct here, "unfit for purpose" would have been evident
from initial purchase. You would be better using "satisfactory
quality" IMHO but IANAL. It is a quality issue with the motor being
not being of high enough quality to last for an acceptable period of
time.

--
Cheers
Dave.