Posted to rec.woodworking

Default Yellow glue or ??? for Adirondack chair?

On Tue, 08 Sep 2009 16:29:32 -0700, Prof Wonmug wrote:

My wife has an Adirondack chair her son made for her. It's been
sitting in the back yard for years. I tried to get her to let me paint
it or at least seal it, but she wanted it to weather.

Well, not it's broken. A clumbsy relative fell on it and broke one of
the arms. It's a very clean break. I want to glue it back together for
whatever life it has left.

Is yellow glue as good as it gets for this or it there something
better? It's made of redwood.

Use carpenters "waterproof" wood glue. Titebond or Elmers. I have
two redwood Adirondack chairs, going on their 16th year. I use a
clear "Flood" product, goes on milky and dries clear. (The
instructions say it dires in 24 hours, but it remains sticky for a
week.) You can bring back the red color if you clean it.