Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Randy Randy is offline

Default cheapest place to find insulation

On Tue, 8 Sep 2009 09:00:26 -0700 (PDT), stryped
wrote:

I am wanting to insulate my 30x30 shop with 2x4 walls on 2 foot
centers. Is there an online source for insulation or is Lowes or home
depot the cheapest place to go. Money is getting tight. I can use r13
or r-19. I live in Kentucky. The winters get cold but it is not like
some of you guys up north. And this is a garage/hobby shop not a place
of business.

Any suggestions? I have done a search and found unfaced r-19 for 30
bucks for 75 square feet but if I am figuring right that comes up to
600 bucks.

check your phone book for insulators, when I did my place I saved a
bunch over the prices at the DIY building stores, They quoted me the
material w/o installation and with installation, I just bought the
stuff and put it in myself.

My ceiling joists were 18-20" on centers, I had to buy all 24" wide
and cut it all down to fit, a real PITA. ( 100 year old building).

Thank You,
Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.