Posted to uk.d-i-y
Why? Why? is offline

Default resawn floorboards (from old joists)

On 9 Sep, 15:40, RobertL wrote:
For flooring an extension to my Victorian house I am planning to use
reclaimed victorian floorboard (with suitable *insulation under). ebay
item 220474833588 is an example.

However, an alternative is "resawn floorboards" where the supplier has
sawn up victorian joists to make 'new' old floorboards. * * ebay item
130325590872 is an example.

*Is there anything to aware of with such resawn boards? *is the joist
wood likely to be softer for example, or to have more knots in it?

Robert

Robert
I would be very very wary of cut up joists as floor boards as the
defects allowed in a joist are quite likely to be unacceptable in a
floor board
If you must have second hand floor boards of pine (ensure Scots pine -
Pinus sylvestris) then take your time and get decent pine boards
Chris