Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jules[_2_] Jules[_2_] is offline

Default OT - TV adverts disrupt digi-box

On Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:06:01 +0000, Adrian wrote:

robgraham gurgled happily, sounding much like
they were saying:

I've brought it home to play with but what is there different about
adverts on TV from normal transmission ?

Probably the adverts are transmitted in a different aspect ratio, and the
box is trying to shift - our TV does that, chucking up an on-screen
display to tell you, so it's quite noticable. Seems to be most prevalent
on C4.

Just to back that up a little, our (analogue) setup, hooked up to a cable
TV box, often barfs when the ads come on - the aspect ratio changes and
half the ad disappears off the right of the screen. Usually it doesn't
come back again until a half minute or so *after* normal programming has
resumed. Drives me nuts, it does...