Mark

Default Craftsman Table Saws

LRod wrote:

On 15 Nov 2003 01:48:14 GMT, (WARRENRN1) wrote:

....or have a nephew in law who has great access to a metal shop (he
is a mechanical engineer who works for a fabrication shop), and ask
him to have your bar stock milled down to size......

With that access to that technology, why didn't you just have him mill
the miter slots out to .755? That's what I'd prefer to do.

1) Never alter the expensive/ permanent part. Doesn't matter if it's
done to perfection.

2) Oh Yes, the guys in production just love, no, we live for doing
Government work for engineers. Yeah, Right. {Long rant omitted}

It's one thing to shave 5 thousandths off a piece of bar stock, quite
another to set up a heavy assed piece of cast in a mill and open up the
slots.

Ones a favor, the others a project.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)