Mark

Default Any tools still made in the USA?

Unisaw A100 wrote:

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

Good idea in theory. Let's say you spark a good idea and all of us stop
buying new today. Only used from the local papers so we keep the money in
our community.

I didn't imply that we "all" not buy new.

Hell, No! SOMEBODY'S got to buy the stuff new so we can buy it used.

I certainly don't want anyone but me buying used equipment. At least not
in my area.

Most likely, the local Woodworkers Warehouse stores will close. As will the
Woodcraft chain. They people at the Grizzly warehouse will be collecting
unemployment, standing in line with the guys from Jet, Delta, and a half
dozen importers.

I think you'd be surprised. The scenario you lay out would
involve a lot of people unable to adapt and as hooman beans
we do have that certain God given thinking capacity allotted
to survival.

The scenario laid out implies:

1) Warehouses sell only equipment and tools, not hardware, wood and
other supplies, and

2) There will be enough used equipment available to satisfy need. From
my experience at auctions I think this will not be the case.

Hey man, don't bogart that thing, give the rest of us a
poke, won't you?

I don't know, for such thinking I think it would take more than a mild
hallucinogenic.

--

Mark

N.E. Ohio

Never argue with a fool, a bystander can't tell you apart. (S. Clemens,
A.K.A. Mark Twain)

When in doubt hit the throttle. It may not help but it sure ends the
suspense. (Gaz, r.moto)