Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Metric

"Robatoy" wrote in message
On Sep 8, 9:08 pm, "Leon" wrote:

It all boils down to time Robatoy. It takes you longer to say metric stuff
than inche stuff. Time is money.

In the time we can say 1/2 inch and measure it. You are still listening to
the guy calling out, gimme Twelve m i l l - i - m e t e r s.
Or drive one mile vs. drive one k i l l - o - m e t e r .

Too many dang syllables in that metric stuff.

LOL...not so!

I drive at 100 K on the highway or 50 K in town, 40 K at a school
zone..
Still got you beat. I drive 65 or 40 in town or 20 in school zone. We
never indicate MPH.

In normal conversation: " I drove a buck-twenty most of the way here."
In normal conversation; " I drove 90 most of the way here.

We never speak of millimeters..we speak of 'little stripes'.
Oh Gaud, the wemen's never indicate fractions of an inch they say 4 little
thingies past the first big one.