Posted to rec.woodworking
Leon[_6_] Leon[_6_] is offline

Default Metric

"notbob" wrote in message
On 2009-09-09, Leon wrote:

I have rules in the shop that indicate that. Not a problem. But still I
asked about a rule indicating 1/2 of 5.3 mm.

I'm pretty sure there are rules that mark .5mm, which is about .020',
which is only .005" more tha 1/64. Your attempt to get someone to
meet your absurd challenge of half of .3mm (.011) on a rule is as
ridiculous as having a scale reading in 128ths. Who could use such a
rule even if someone was stupid enough to make one. Besides, there
are many other ways to measure other than with a rule. None of them
have any use in woodworking. Give it a rest.

nb

Give it a rest? Give it a rest? The OP asked why we hang on to imperial. I
replied with what is half of 5.3mm. YOU gave the answer but tried with out
success to show me a ruler with that marking. ;~) If you give up fine, you
can give it a rest. I was only asking 2 reasonable questions.