Posted to uk.d-i-y
Why? Why? is offline

Default damp smell

On 8 Sep, 20:30, Jethro wrote:
hi all

noticed a damp smell from our bathroom last week ... after a lot of
sniffing I discovered that there was a tiny leak from our boxed
cistern which had seeped under the vinyl floor covering, swollen the
hardboard and made about 1m2 of floorboards wet. I checked the other
side of the bathroom wall, but the damp hadn't spread under the wall.

Have replaced damp floorboards, hardboard and vinyl, but can still
catch a whiff of a damp smell from that corner ... all fabrics have
been removed and washed, and the tiles scrubbed down ....

Anyone have any suggestions as to what could be holding the smell.

Mould spores or mycelium
you cannot smell damp!
Chris
PS
would not bother to do anything unless a capacitance or radio wave
damp meter says it is damp