Posted to alt.home.repair
fftt fftt is offline

Default Ever built anything with Kee Lite Klamps?

On Sep 8, 7:43*am, wrote:
see link

http://www.simplifiedbuilding.com/pr...-kee-lite.html

I think I see where you're headed.

You're going to need 1 1/4 aluminum pipe ( for the long members) to
get the stiffness / strength you'll need for a scaffold system.

For your shorter members you might be able to use 1".

One problem with these setscrew assembled systems is that they can
"rack" if your don't use diagonal struts / members.
A combined screw together / welded system is what oyu want (got
someone who can weld aluminum for you?)

I was somewhere when I saw a really cool light weight (I hefted it)
aluminum scaffold system. I dont recall the mfr but it was pretty
neat & looked $$$$"s expensive.

As others commented in the other thread....watch out for that back.
I've had back issues for YEARS & surgery 10 years.
I was lucky & recovered well but I try to be very careful.

Is your back thing a recent / sudden injury or a long term thing?

Lifting ANY decent weight above the shoulders (even the waist if your
back situation is really bad) can aggravate or re-injure your back

cheers
Bob