Posted to uk.d-i-y
geoff geoff is offline

Default Bench Drill died - any suggestions ?

In message , Adrian Brentnall
writes
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Grimly Curmudgeon wrote:
Thanks Dave - I've contacted both CPC and Clarke by email -
waiting on a reply from both....

A few years ago I had cause to complain to CPC about some
loudspeakers,
one of which went scritchy after about six months use.
The woman on the other end of the phone immediately gave me a returns
reference number and sent out a pre-paid mailing label for me to return
it.
No problem at all.

Oh I'm sure they're fine within the year. But not after.

Update on this thread....

CPC eventually replied with the 'Only a 12 month guarantee' line -
though they did ask for invoice / account nos so maybe they're looking
into it.

Clarkes' technical bod came back with 'Motor start capacitor' - and has
offered to send me one if I'm prepared to fit it (as a new motor costs
more than the whole thing cost me- and that's before yuo add on the
cost of shipping it to the Emerald Isle...)

Be careful with that. I had a Clarkes compressor and the reed valves
cracked and needed replacing

I bought a new pair of reed valves from them which lasted a couple of
weeks before they cracked up and fell in and destroyed piston and bore.
They refused to compensate because it hadn't been repaired by one of
their mechanics

I could have taken it further, but, especially in the winter, time is
money and it was easier to buy another compressor from elsewhere

So - hopefully a result - but no credit (so far) to CPC g

--
geoff