Posted to uk.d-i-y
Matty F Matty F is offline

Default Traps for people who pinch security cameras

On Sep 7, 10:57 pm, "Fredxx" wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

It occurs to me that it would be amusing to make a fake security
camera out of solid steel. They would be unable to get it off the 2
inch pipe that's 3 metres up in the air, or to break it.

Or when they unbolt the camera it's so heavy they fall off the ladder with
it?

They are not on a ladder. They are standing on top of a 6 foot fence,
and the camera was 6 feet higher than the top of the fence, on a 2
inch steel pipe.

http://i29.tinypic.com/2qtbchy.jpg

The real camera is to the left. Nobody seems to notice it.
It's a building site with stuff sticking up everywhere.

Now if I put a plastic pipe loosely over the steel pipe so that it
rotates easily, and a steel camera on top, they will probably fall off
and not manage to get the camera. Perhaps I should put a real camera
up there to record the fun.