Edwin Pawlowski

Default Is one brand better than another?

"razingkane" wrote in message

How does one get a straight answer on which brand of woodworking equipment
is better than another? Is this the age old woodworking question? By
better I mean quality, reliability, functionality... Maybe there is no

real
answer to this questions because it tool specific.

Simple answer. The tools I own are great, the other brands you guy have are
the ones that suck.

Although said in jest, there is a lot of truth to that statement. Where I
see cheap, another sees great value. Also, what is a good choice for the
DIY guy, is a poor decision for the pro. A good choice for a framing hammer
is a poor choice for furniture building, but thee will be someone putting
delicate trim on a cabinet with one.

I've rejected tools as unsuitable for be just because I don't like the
color. Honest, entire brands are not in my shop because I don't like the
looks, no regard for performance in the decision.

The tool has to feel comfortable in your hands. The best of tools quality
wise will not perform well if you have trouble holding it comfortably.
ED