Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default WARNING! WARNING! OT ........... guns!

"Snag" wrote:

7.7's can be fire-formed from '06 brass - but the neck will be short .
I've got 20 rounds (semi-commercial reloads , from '06 brass), but out of 5
rounds I've fired , I got two head seps , one shoulder crack , and two split
necks . It might be that my type 99 has excessive headspace , or it might be
that these were loaded way too hot . I need to get it checked ... wouldn't
happen to have a go-no go set for 7.7 , would you ?

The case head diam of 06 cartridges is too small. I have two arisaka's and a fair
investment in Norma 7.7 brass.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller