Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default WARNING! WARNING! OT ........... guns!

I have a pack of 1,000 CCI #200 primers. What are they worth, and do they
deteriorate with age? Have two boxes of ought six ammo, and two boxes of
brass. What is all that worth? Just want to sell it for a friend who's
aging. And about fifty looks to be Jap rifle rounds 7.5 and TOYO marked
(stamped) on the base.

Thanks

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 13:21:20 -0600, "SteveB"
wrote:

I have a pack of 1,000 CCI #200 primers. What are they worth, and do they
deteriorate with age? Have two boxes of ought six ammo, and two boxes of
brass. What is all that worth? Just want to sell it for a friend who's
aging. And about fifty looks to be Jap rifle rounds 7.5 and TOYO marked
(stamped) on the base.

Thanks

Steve

The #200 are large rifle primers. Cabela's price is $32.99 per 1000
when/if they have any.

The brass is worth more if it's new than if it's been fired.

For some new brass and ammo prices check
www.midwayusa.com

Used .30-06 brass is $207 per thousand from one online source with
none presently in stock.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
I have a pack of 1,000 CCI #200 primers. What are they worth, and do
they deteriorate with age? Have two boxes of ought six ammo, and two
boxes of brass. What is all that worth? Just want to sell it for a
friend who's aging. And about fifty looks to be Jap rifle rounds 7.5
and TOYO marked (stamped) on the base.

Thanks

Steve

If the primers have been in conditioned space they're OK - I just paid right
at 50 for a package of Fed 210M LR match primers . The brass goes for around
a dime/each , and the ammo prolly 20 bucks a box .
If that ammo is 7.7 Japanese , for the Arisaka type 99 rifle , I might be
interested . Depends on shipping costs too ...

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
[...]

Flat rate priority mail, but what's the rules on shipping ammo? I doubt the
PO will allow it if they know about it, that is.............

Steve

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
[...]

God help us if we get caught shippin' ammo on the sly . Be best to keep this
one above board ... I'll do some checkin on the regs , but I believe ammo
falls under the class b or c explosives rules - and probably have the same
rules as for instance model rocket motors .
I'll check with UPS on tuesday .
--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 13:21:20 -0600, "SteveB" wrote:

I have a pack of 1,000 CCI #200 primers. What are they worth, and do they
deteriorate with age? Have two boxes of ought six ammo, and two boxes of
brass. What is all that worth? Just want to sell it for a friend who's
aging. And about fifty looks to be Jap rifle rounds 7.5 and TOYO marked
(stamped) on the base.

Thanks

Steve

Last x thousand #200s I bought were $12 per thousand. August of last
year. Now I understand that they are up around $45 per thousand. Make
of which you want from that.

06 ammo is about a dollar a round to 1.50 a round at current pricing.
Normally its about .50 cents a round. (depends on brand and bullet as
well)

Brass, if once fired is worth a dime each.

The jap ammo, if boxer primed and in good shape are worth about $1-2
each for once fired cases. Hard to find and not very common. And nearly
impossible to make from other cases. Ive paid $2.50 a round for once
fired 7.7 jap.

If its 7.5 marked..its possible to be Swiss or even French caliber.

Hope that helps

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-06, SteveB wrote:
I have a pack of 1,000 CCI #200 primers. What are they worth, and do they
deteriorate with age? Have two boxes of ought six ammo, and two boxes of
brass. What is all that worth? Just want to sell it for a friend who's
aging. And about fifty looks to be Jap rifle rounds 7.5 and TOYO marked
(stamped) on the base.

As far as I know, the new (non-corrosive) primers last forever, but
not so when it comes to the old, WWII vintage corrosive primers.

I still have some WWII or post WWII vintage corrosive
ammunition. (7.62x54, unknown country of origin) The only plus of it
was that it was cheap. Appriximately one out of four or five rounds is
a dud. That's OK with me, as I use it at gun ranges only.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

7.7's can be fire-formed from '06 brass - but the neck will be short .
I've got 20 rounds (semi-commercial reloads , from '06 brass), but out of 5
rounds I've fired , I got two head seps , one shoulder crack , and two split
necks . It might be that my type 99 has excessive headspace , or it might be
that these were loaded way too hot . I need to get it checked ... wouldn't
happen to have a go-no go set for 7.7 , would you ?

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 6 Sep 2009 15:56:24 -0500, "Snag" wrote:

SteveB wrote:
I have a pack of 1,000 CCI #200 primers. What are they worth, and do
they deteriorate with age? Have two boxes of ought six ammo, and two
boxes of brass. What is all that worth? Just want to sell it for a
friend who's aging. And about fifty looks to be Jap rifle rounds 7.5
and TOYO marked (stamped) on the base.

Thanks

Steve

If the primers have been in conditioned space they're OK - I just paid right
at 50 for a package of Fed 210M LR match primers . The brass goes for around
a dime/each , and the ammo prolly 20 bucks a box .
If that ammo is 7.7 Japanese , for the Arisaka type 99 rifle , I might be
interested . Depends on shipping costs too ...

Humm..he is selling? ****...beat me to it. Id be interested in the
Jap if you dont take it. Ive got an absolutely cherry Last Ditch I like
to shoot now and then with cast bullets. And my brass is from the
1950s..and fired many times.

$50 for Federals? Dayam.....glad that Ive got xx000 primers on hand.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 16:55:05 -0500, Ignoramus11113

On 2009-09-06, SteveB wrote:
I have a pack of 1,000 CCI #200 primers. What are they worth, and do they
deteriorate with age? Have two boxes of ought six ammo, and two boxes of
brass. What is all that worth? Just want to sell it for a friend who's
aging. And about fifty looks to be Jap rifle rounds 7.5 and TOYO marked
(stamped) on the base.

As far as I know, the new (non-corrosive) primers last forever, but
not so when it comes to the old, WWII vintage corrosive primers.

I still have some WWII or post WWII vintage corrosive
ammunition. (7.62x54, unknown country of origin) The only plus of it
was that it was cheap. Appriximately one out of four or five rounds is
a dud. That's OK with me, as I use it at gun ranges only.

Ive bought a ****load of Russian, and never had a dud. Some of it is
early 1950s.

I rather like my Finns G

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Last x thousand #200s I bought were $12 per thousand. August of last
year. Now I understand that they are up around $45 per thousand. Make
of which you want from that.

12 per thousand? 17-22 sounds closer to the going price a year ago.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"SteveB" wrote:

Flat rate priority mail, but what's the rules on shipping ammo? I doubt the
PO will allow it if they know about it, that is.............

UPS will ship it. Box will get an ORM-D sticker.

Forget about ammo and the postoffice.

341.21 Nonmailable Explosives
Nonmailable explosives found in the mailstream must be immediately
reported in accordance with POM 139.117.
Nonmailable explosives include, but are not limited to, the following:

a. Common Fireworks. Fireworks are classified as Division 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or
1.4 explosives depending on the degree of hazard. Fireworks include
roman candles, skyrockets, helicopter-type rockets, cylindrical and
cone fountains, pyrotechnic wheels, illuminating torches, firecrackers,
salutes, and combinations of items that are designed to produce any of
the aforementioned types of effects. All types of fireworks are
prohibited from mailing.

b. Fuses. Fuses are classified as Division 1.3 or 1.4 explosives depending
on the degree of hazard. All types of fuses (except safety fuses as
permitted under 341.22) are prohibited from mailing.

c. Small Arms Ammunition. Ammunition is classified as a Division 1.1, 1.2,
1.3, or 1.4 explosive, depending on the degree of hazard. Ammunition
that is regulated as a Class 1 explosive and designed to be fired from a
pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun, as well as associated primers and
blank cartridges (including those designed for tools) and propellant
powder for use in any firearm, is prohibited from mailing.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote:

7.7's can be fire-formed from '06 brass - but the neck will be short .
I've got 20 rounds (semi-commercial reloads , from '06 brass), but out of 5
rounds I've fired , I got two head seps , one shoulder crack , and two split
necks . It might be that my type 99 has excessive headspace , or it might be
that these were loaded way too hot . I need to get it checked ... wouldn't
happen to have a go-no go set for 7.7 , would you ?

The case head diam of 06 cartridges is too small. I have two arisaka's and a fair
investment in Norma 7.7 brass.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-06, Gunner Asch wrote:
I still have some WWII or post WWII vintage corrosive
ammunition. (7.62x54, unknown country of origin) The only plus of it
was that it was cheap. Appriximately one out of four or five rounds is
a dud. That's OK with me, as I use it at gun ranges only.

Ive bought a ****load of Russian, and never had a dud. Some of it is
early 1950s.

I rather like my Finns G

I like my Finnish Mosin Nagant too. (it is a Finnish conversion of an
originally Soviet rifle). Who knows where the ammo was made. I am
almost completely done with that ammo anyway.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Ah...check the base specs when converting 06 to 7.7....the 06 is about
..020 smaller at the web than is the 7.7. When you fire formed those
cases..they got balloon shaped at the base..and when you fired normal
velocity loads..they started to go and head seperate.

No..I dont, but its easy to check with a mic or caliper. Simply mic em
out at the web. (flash hole area on the outside)

Neck and shoulders are easy to take care of with a little propane torch
and a bowl of water. Simple stand em up in the bowl, fill with water so
the neck and shoulder are above the water line, heat em with the torch
until they are a faint dull red, and then kick em over into the water.
Neck annealing is required when setting the shoulder that far back when
doing an 06 to 7.7 conversion.

The Japs were pretty good about headspacing em right. Even on the very
late war Last Ditch rifles. As long as the bolt serial matches the
receiver serial, Ive never seen a bad headspace on a jap. And Ive
checked at least 100 or more. I have a number of conversions based on
the japs..decent receiver for making a heavy barrel action cheap.

And the Jap action is the strongest..bar none...strongest military
action ever made before 1980

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 19:07:22 -0400, Wes wrote:

"Snag" wrote:

7.7's can be fire-formed from '06 brass - but the neck will be short .
I've got 20 rounds (semi-commercial reloads , from '06 brass), but out of 5
rounds I've fired , I got two head seps , one shoulder crack , and two split
necks . It might be that my type 99 has excessive headspace , or it might be
that these were loaded way too hot . I need to get it checked ... wouldn't
happen to have a go-no go set for 7.7 , would you ?

The case head diam of 06 cartridges is too small. I have two arisaka's and a fair
investment in Norma 7.7 brass.

Wes

Ayup. They are usable,...but keep velocity down to cast bullet speeds or
the heads will indeed come off..particularly if they are reloaded from
other fired cases before after conversion.

Im having a stroke moment..but there is another cartridge that works
better than the 06...Ill have to ponder on it for a bit.
Nope..never mind..I was thinking about the 6.5 jap.
Sigh...

I see Norma is making 7.7 again...its about a buck a round for new
unprimed cases. Gun auction sites are selling it.

Lots of Japs collecting dust in cabinets that could be shot quite
accurately and with good effect and fun.

The 6.5s are great fun and the brass is fairly easy to convert from the
308, but will take several steps to get it down to the right size, so
lube well, lube often and so forth. G

But...my favorite 6.5 is the Swede...Ive several Finn versions, some Ive
converted to sniper rifles..and are very very accurate and the brass is
easy to make or purchase.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

"Snag" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
[...]

You want the ought six stuff, too?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 18:27:30 -0400, Wes wrote:

Gunner Asch wrote:

Last x thousand #200s I bought were $12 per thousand. August of last
year. Now I understand that they are up around $45 per thousand. Make
of which you want from that.

12 per thousand? 17-22 sounds closer to the going price a year ago.

Wes

Shrug..I bought 8000 at the gun show in Bakersfield in August. $12 per
thousand. I had a feeling that I needed to stock up..didnt know why at
the time.

I think Ive got somewhere around 60,000 primer on hand. Most are in
storage of course. I tend to stock up every couple years or so.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 18:21:06 -0500, Ignoramus11113

On 2009-09-06, Gunner Asch wrote:
I still have some WWII or post WWII vintage corrosive
ammunition. (7.62x54, unknown country of origin) The only plus of it
was that it was cheap. Appriximately one out of four or five rounds is
a dud. That's OK with me, as I use it at gun ranges only.

Ive bought a ****load of Russian, and never had a dud. Some of it is
early 1950s.

I rather like my Finns G

I like my Finnish Mosin Nagant too. (it is a Finnish conversion of an
originally Soviet rifle). Who knows where the ammo was made. I am
almost completely done with that ammo anyway.

Which one do you have? Mine are M39s, one is a civil guard..the other
is a provincial guard. One is Husqvarna, the other 2, Sako made. I cant
remember what the rest are. They are tucked away.....shrug.

I think the biggest stocks of surplus ammo I have ..the 7.62x54 is close
to the top.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

12 per thousand? 17-22 sounds closer to the going price a year ago.

Wes

Shrug..I bought 8000 at the gun show in Bakersfield in August. $12 per
thousand. I had a feeling that I needed to stock up..didnt know why at
the time.

I think Ive got somewhere around 60,000 primer on hand. Most are in
storage of course. I tend to stock up every couple years or so.

Damn, I checked Quicken back to 2000 and the best deal I ever got was 17 bucks.

I used to think .22 ammo could be currency but I'm thinking like silver and gold, primers
might also be a good investment if shtf.

Wes

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On 2009-09-06, Gunner Asch wrote:
I still have some WWII or post WWII vintage corrosive
ammunition. (7.62x54, unknown country of origin) The only plus of it
was that it was cheap. Appriximately one out of four or five rounds is
a dud. That's OK with me, as I use it at gun ranges only.

Ive bought a ****load of Russian, and never had a dud. Some of it is
early 1950s.

I rather like my Finns G

I like my Finnish Mosin Nagant too. (it is a Finnish conversion of an
originally Soviet rifle). Who knows where the ammo was made. I am
almost completely done with that ammo anyway.

Which one do you have? Mine are M39s, one is a civil guard..the other
is a provincial guard. One is Husqvarna, the other 2, Sako made. I cant
remember what the rest are. They are tucked away.....shrug.

M39, VKT or some such. On my todo list is to make a removable bayonet
mount. (not authentic looking)

I think the biggest stocks of surplus ammo I have ..the 7.62x54 is close
to the top.

This rifle is a lot of rifle for little money. Very good for training
purposes, as recoil is very tolerable because the rifle is very heavy.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

I didn't do these , they were purchased at a gun show . And both Sierra
and Speer handloading manuals say the head dimensions are virtually
identical . In fact , the '06 is .020 bigger at the shoulder ... how ever ,
miked fired cases tell another story . At .375 from the head , the fired
case mikes .478 , which just shouldn't be . Unfired case mikes .466 , which
is a lot closer to what I'd expect . I should check the (new and unused
....yet) reloading dies ...

No..I dont, but its easy to check with a mic or caliper. Simply mic em
out at the web. (flash hole area on the outside)

At the datum line .150 from the head , both cases (fired and unfired) mike
at .464 , a bit smaller than I'd expect . BTW , these are LC mil brass that
have been reformed .

Neck and shoulders are easy to take care of with a little propane
torch
and a bowl of water. Simple stand em up in the bowl, fill with water
so
the neck and shoulder are above the water line, heat em with the torch
until they are a faint dull red, and then kick em over into the water.
Neck annealing is required when setting the shoulder that far back
when
doing an 06 to 7.7 conversion.

I checked those cases again , my memory was faulty . Got six fired cases ,
three split necks and all with the bulge ahead of the web . And all primers
show signs of excessive pressure - swedged hard into the bolt face and
firing pin , outside edge of primer cup shows definite signs of excessive
pressure . These cases show no signs of annealing .

The Japs were pretty good about headspacing em right. Even on the very
late war Last Ditch rifles. As long as the bolt serial matches the
receiver serial, Ive never seen a bad headspace on a jap. And Ive
checked at least 100 or more. I have a number of conversions based on
the japs..decent receiver for making a heavy barrel action cheap.

And the Jap action is the strongest..bar none...strongest military
action ever made before 1980

I'd heard of the almost legendary strength of this action . This
particular specimen was my father's deer rifle . Saw service from 1946 thru
1964 and killed it's fair share of venison . It's not like I NEED to fire it

Gunner

I strongly suspect these cartriges are overloads , I thought so at the time
we fired them (been a few years) . I might break them down and remake them ,
using a lower velocity charge just to see what that does . Or not , this one
is more about the sentimental value than anything .

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

SteveB wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
"Snag" wrote in message
SteveB wrote:
[...]

Let me see what shipping is going to run .

--
Snag
"90 FLHTCU "Strider"

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 21:32:14 -0500, Ignoramus11113
wrote:

Which one do you have? Mine are M39s, one is a civil guard..the other
is a provincial guard. One is Husqvarna, the other 2, Sako made. I cant
remember what the rest are. They are tucked away.....shrug.

M39, VKT or some such. On my todo list is to make a removable bayonet
mount. (not authentic looking)

Indeed. I checked with my cousins in Finland and there are NO bayonets
available. He is a muckamuck with Sako and if anyone could get one...he
could.

Ive been thinking about picking up some Turkish bayos and modifying them
to fit. They are cheap enough.

I think the biggest stocks of surplus ammo I have ..the 7.62x54 is close
to the top.

This rifle is a lot of rifle for little money. Very good for training
purposes, as recoil is very tolerable because the rifle is very heavy.

And they are one of the Most accurate military rifles ever produced. If
they didnt shoot 1.3" (conversion from metric) 3 shot 100 meter groups
before they were shipped, they went back through the factory again and
corrected.

Heavy..yeah.. a little. Makes em more comfortable to shoot. Hang glass
on one and with good East German ammo...800 meter possibles are easy to
do. 2 of mine are rigged as "long range personel interdiction devices"
with mounts I machined out of 4140. Both sport fixed 8x scopes and a
lace on cheek piece from a Garand. Decent enough rifles. Better than
most of my sporters by a significant amount. My long range rifles are
in 300 Win mag and up...shrug.

Gunner

"Somewhere a True Believer is training to kill you. He is training with
minimum food or water,in austere conditions, day and night. The only thing
clean on him is his weapon. He doesn't worry about what workout to do---
his rucksack weighs what it weighs, and he runs until the enemy stops chasing him.
The True Believer doesn't care 'how hard it is'; he knows he either wins or he dies.
He doesn't go home at 1700; he is home. He knows only the 'Cause.' Now, who wants to quit?"

NCOIC of the Special Forces Assessment and Selection Course in a welcome speech to new SF candidates
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Gunner Asch wrote:

Last x thousand #200s I bought were $12 per thousand. August of last
year. Now I understand that they are up around $45 per thousand. Make
of which you want from that.

12 per thousand? 17-22 sounds closer to the going price a year ago.

Wes

$12. At the Bakersfield Gun Show in June of 08.

I stocked up on about $120 worth of various sizes.

Shrug

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Which one do you have? Mine are M39s, one is a civil guard..the other
is a provincial guard. One is Husqvarna, the other 2, Sako made. I cant
remember what the rest are. They are tucked away.....shrug.

M39, VKT or some such. On my todo list is to make a removable bayonet
mount. (not authentic looking)

I think the biggest stocks of surplus ammo I have ..the 7.62x54 is close
to the top.

This rifle is a lot of rifle for little money. Very good for training
purposes, as recoil is very tolerable because the rifle is very heavy.

Training purposes hell..they are ACCURATE battle rifles. One of the most
accurate out of the arsenal. Even more accurate then most 03s

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Which one do you have? Mine are M39s, one is a civil guard..the other
is a provincial guard. One is Husqvarna, the other 2, Sako made. I cant
remember what the rest are. They are tucked away.....shrug.

M39, VKT or some such. On my todo list is to make a removable bayonet
mount. (not authentic looking)

I think the biggest stocks of surplus ammo I have ..the 7.62x54 is close
to the top.

This rifle is a lot of rifle for little money. Very good for training
purposes, as recoil is very tolerable because the rifle is very heavy.

Training purposes hell..they are ACCURATE battle rifles. One of the most
accurate out of the arsenal. Even more accurate then most 03s

I am sure you know more than me, etc, But this rifle is HEAVY to lug
around.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Which one do you have? Mine are M39s, one is a civil guard..the other
is a provincial guard. One is Husqvarna, the other 2, Sako made. I cant
remember what the rest are. They are tucked away.....shrug.

M39, VKT or some such. On my todo list is to make a removable bayonet
mount. (not authentic looking)

I think the biggest stocks of surplus ammo I have ..the 7.62x54 is close
to the top.

This rifle is a lot of rifle for little money. Very good for training
purposes, as recoil is very tolerable because the rifle is very heavy.

Training purposes hell..they are ACCURATE battle rifles. One of the most
accurate out of the arsenal. Even more accurate then most 03s

I am sure you know more than me, etc, But this rifle is HEAVY to lug
around.

Ever schlep a Garand or M14?

Much heavier.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

9 pounds (approximately) is heavy?

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

Ever schlep a Garand or M14?

Much heavier.

Gunner

9 pounds (approximately) is heavy?

M1 Garand: 9.8 pounds

M1 Garand 15 miles into a 20-mile march: Move decimal 2 places right.

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Not to me..but evidently to Iggy its a "****load"

My Finns are in the 7lb range..stock, uncut, full stocked.

Gunner

"First Law of Leftist Debate
homophobe approaches infinity.

the subject." Grey Ghost
Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

wrote:

[...]

Gee, and here I'd been reading about the blokes running over high
mountains with the 65 pound rucksacks.... and now I discover the
rifle is too heavy...

Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

On Sep 29, 6:28*am, wrote:
Gee, and here I'd been reading about the blokes running over high
mountains with the 65 pound rucksacks.... *and now I discover the
rifle is too heavy...- Hide quoted text -

Well, Skippy, you don't carry the rifle broken down in your pack. How
you carry it makes a hell of a difference.

John Martin

O.T. Retirement warning Ed Ahern Woodworking 0 December 15th 07 09:28 PM
* * * WARNING * * * [email protected] Home Repair 0 November 17th 07 07:57 AM
A warning Roger Shoaf Woodworking 3 January 5th 07 04:05 AM
OT-Warning to men Gunner Metalworking 14 January 11th 05 07:10 AM