Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking
Wes[_2_] Wes[_2_] is offline

Default WARNING! WARNING! OT ........... guns!

"SteveB" wrote:

Flat rate priority mail, but what's the rules on shipping ammo? I doubt the
PO will allow it if they know about it, that is.............

UPS will ship it. Box will get an ORM-D sticker.

Forget about ammo and the postoffice.

341.21 Nonmailable Explosives
Nonmailable explosives found in the mailstream must be immediately
reported in accordance with POM 139.117.
Nonmailable explosives include, but are not limited to, the following:

a. Common Fireworks. Fireworks are classified as Division 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, or
1.4 explosives depending on the degree of hazard. Fireworks include
roman candles, skyrockets, helicopter-type rockets, cylindrical and
cone fountains, pyrotechnic wheels, illuminating torches, firecrackers,
salutes, and combinations of items that are designed to produce any of
the aforementioned types of effects. All types of fireworks are
prohibited from mailing.

b. Fuses. Fuses are classified as Division 1.3 or 1.4 explosives depending
on the degree of hazard. All types of fuses (except safety fuses as
permitted under 341.22) are prohibited from mailing.

c. Small Arms Ammunition. Ammunition is classified as a Division 1.1, 1.2,
1.3, or 1.4 explosive, depending on the degree of hazard. Ammunition
that is regulated as a Class 1 explosive and designed to be fired from a
pistol, revolver, rifle, or shotgun, as well as associated primers and
blank cartridges (including those designed for tools) and propellant
powder for use in any firearm, is prohibited from mailing.

Wes
in their eyes." Dick Anthony Heller