Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Traps for people who pinch security cameras

On Sun, 06 Sep 2009 09:10:18 +0100
Tim S wrote:

Matty F coughed up some electrons that declared:

After publicity about a number of vandals and taggers caught because
of hidden CCTV cameras that I have installed in the neighbourhood, I
decided to put up a rather obvious CCTV camera (fake) complete with
flashing red light.
Someone recently went to a lot of trouble to pinch the fake camera.
The theft and their car was recorded on three of the real cameras. Not
quite good enough to identify them but I'm working on a new camera
that should capture rego numbers.
I don't want them to pinch or damage the real cameras.

I'd like to put up another fake camera. Does anyone have bright ideas
on something amusing to put on the camera to give them a big fright
when they try to pinch it? A loud alarm perhaps. Some compound that
gets on their hands and can't be washed off for weeks? etc etc?

Fill it with cockroaches.

Put a tarantula (hungry) in it.