Silvan

Default Some glue questions

Phisherman wrote:

It's a yellow carpenter's glue. Elmer's is just as good. The joint,
curing process, and clamping are very important, no matter what brand
is selected.

As someone who's been using Elmer's for years, I have to say I think I like
Titebond better. Still on my first bottle, mind you, so I haven't used it
much, and I haven't tried Titebond II yet. Seems to flow much easier, and
has a higher initial tack, so the parts don't want to slip around as much.
It also seems to have a longer working time. If the bottle isn't telling a
fib, it also won't transform irreversibly into cheese if I accidentally let
it freeze.

Strength wise, I doubt it matters. I've got Elmer's-glued stuff that has
held up for years.

--
Michael McIntyre ---- Silvan
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Rue/5407/