Posted to sci.electronics.design,alt.binaries.schematics.electronic
John Fields John Fields is offline

Default relay coil inductance

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 11:03:51 -0700, life imitates life
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 12:48:41 -0500, John Fields
wrote:

On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 09:41:06 -0700, Jim Thompson
wrote:

I haven't done a relay driver circuit for, literally, eons.

Where do I look for reed relays that work on 3.3V supplies with
specications for the coil inductance?

Thanks!

---
That's a toughie.

I can't recall ever seeing inductance data on a spec sheet; I think
you'll probably have to go to the manufacturer for that one.

JF

Would not the real question be why would someone concern himself with the
solenoid inductance of a miniature relay? I could see it if it were
huge.

---

L di
dt

so the diode damping the "spark" when the driver went open would slow
down the opening of the contacts, maybe?

Or maybe the magnetic field building up and breaking down might affect
some nearby component?

Dunno...

JF