Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default Let the brainwashing begin .............

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 12:08:40 -0500, Ignoramus30623

On 2009-09-03, Gunner Asch wrote:
On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 10:54:46 -0500, Ignoramus30623
wrote:

I cannot believe it that people are afraid that a president is going
to make a speech to their children. Even assuming that the president
would say something with which a parent would disagree with, isolating
children from presidential speeches is an inadequate answer.

Why?

Because it makes them unaware of important things.

So then you would send your kids on a drunk driving binge, because they
would likely learn the important things?

The better approach would be to explain to the children that not
everyone has to agree with the president about everything, highlight
differences between your opinion and the president's etc.

Pehaps. But with Liberal teachers hammering Leftwing crapola into your
kids brain every day...how do you make the determination..or even know
what they are being told?

I would ask them what are they being told. Part of parenting.

Yes..and?

Trying to hide the president's speech from children is similar to
sticking one's head in the sand when you hear bad news. It is not a
productive approach and leads to living in an imaginary world.

So you will be allowing your kids to go to an American Nazi Party
fiesta next week?

I would not mind going if it was nearby. It is educational. I would
prefer to be outdoors, and not enter any buildings, however.

Why?

Let's wait until the speech and then we can see if it is as evil as
some are expecting it to be. If it will be the case, then I will
adjust my understanding of reality, and if it is not, then those who
expected it to be evil, should adjust theirs.

Coming from an ex-russian..sometimes I wonder about you. You are far
far too accepting of things the Government pulls. Perhaps it IS
because you are an ex russian.....and again...it makes us even more
concerned about our children..

Perhaps, but I try to do my best at finding the best understanding of
reality, and then live with said understanding. I try to do my best
and live with the result.

So did the Mensheviks

Remember what happened to them......

Gunner