Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian C Adrian C is offline

Default Bench Drill died - any suggestions ?

Adrian Brentnall wrote:

I did just take another look - the motor will start & run with the
pulley-belt removed.

With the belt reinstalled, and the tension set to the slackest possible,
the drill will 'just about' start - but never gets anywhere near to full
speed speed and can be stalled with the lightest of finger-pressure
against the chuck.

Ah, happened to me with a similar Aldi drill. It's easily fixed. :-)

Inside the pulley box there is a middle pulley between the outer two. It
_should_ rotate freely with the belt off. Mine siezed due to ingress of
dirt and possibly the lateral tension it's under? After removal and
cleaning and oiling the contacting surfaces all was back to normal!

--
Adrian C