Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Bench Drill died - any suggestions ?

In article ,
Adrian Brentnall wrote:
This is the smallest one on the Clarke site - and it definitely looks to
have an induction motor - and to have come from the same factory as mine.

http://www.clarkeinternational.com/s...illing-systems

That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

Correct. Induction motors are larger and less powerful than a brush motor
- but run at a lower speed so better for this purpose. They should also
have a *very* long life.

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient
B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

Absolutely. I wish you luck with CPC, though - I had no success with an
out of warranty claim. You might do better with Clarke - their website
says they do actually repair things.

--
*Too many clicks spoil the browse *

Dave Plowman London SW