Posted to uk.d-i-y
Adrian Brentnall Adrian Brentnall is offline

Default Bench Drill died - any suggestions ?

HI Harry

Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Adrian Brentnall submitted this idea :
That's the one - so induction motor == no brushes ??

(sorry for my ignorance!)

All is not lost - I can go back the the ancient
B&D-mounted-in-a-drill-press arrangement for the time being -
just kind of annoying when something breaks after so little use...

So take it back, tell them you have only had two hours use out of it and
you can expect them to either repair it, replace it or refund you less
the value of the use you have had out of it. If necessary, quote the SOG
act at them.

Fine in theory - but not so great when you're out here in the far
south-west of Ireland... and it was couriered here by CPC from the UK

I've a feeling that they'll say 'sure - return it to us and we'll
replace it - but seeing as it weighs 18kg - that'd cost more than buying
a new one!

I did just take another look - the motor will start & run with the
pulley-belt removed.

With the belt reinstalled, and the tension set to the slackest possible,
the drill will 'just about' start - but never gets anywhere near to full
speed speed and can be stalled with the lightest of finger-pressure
against the chuck.

Think it's broken! g

Still no news from CPC or Clarke...