Posted to uk.d-i-y
TheOldFellow TheOldFellow is offline

Default Bench Drill died - any suggestions ?

On Wed, 02 Sep 2009 16:13:58 +0100
Adrian Brentnall wrote:

HI Folks

Last year I bought a Clarke 5-speed bench drill from CPC.
(Budget end of things, I know - but should be serviceable, I thought..)

It has been very lightly used since then - probably not more than 1 - 2
hours total use and is installed in a dry, heated workshop.

Just now it has refused to start - the motor buzzes, but it won't spin
up to speed. When it was running a few moments before there was a slight
'roughness' in the sound of the motor - and, perhaps, a slight
'electric' smell - but, at the time it was running very lightly loaded -
so I don;t think I'd have 'cooked' it.

The official warranty is for 12 months (so that expired in April!) - so
any suggestions as to anything I could check to maybe get it working
again, please ? It has a 'two-button' NVR start-stop switch...

I've contacted CPC and Clarke via email - but I'm not holding my breath g

Thanks
Adrian

Sue them. The warranty is irrelevant. It was not of merchantable
quality.

R.