Wade Lippman

Default Some glue questions

I had to buy some glue today, and asked the clerk what advantage titebond
had over titebond II. He said there wasn't any, so I asked why they even
make titebond. He didn't have any idea.

So I did a google search and found that the only advantage of titebond is
that parts can be taken apart with water, so it is good for joints that
might need to be taken apart.

So, my questions:

1) Can titebond joints be taken apart with water? If so, how? I made two
matching cabinets, only the plywood panels came from different sheets and
sure don't match. I would like to replace them on one cabinet. When I
posted a question a couple weeks ago on how to do that, no one suggested
dissolving the glue.

2) Is there any other advantage to titebond?

3) How susceptible to water problems is titebond? Is a cabinet in an
occasionally steamy bathroom at risk?

Thanks.