Scott Brownell

Default What does sliding Miter Saw do over a non sliding saw

Nova wrote:

You made me pull out the manual for my saw. I've been pulling the blade through
the cut since I had the saw. The manual tells me I've been doing it wrong. You
are correct the proper way is to push the saw through the cut.

--
Jack Novak
Buffalo, NY - USA

When I had my Delta Sawbuck it was pull through the cut. When I went to
the SCMS it was push through the cut..I use both methods, depending on
the cut I'm making at the time (i.e.- where am I willing to tolerate
minor splintering if it should occur in the finished cut). If it's just
standard trim or similar sized stock I just do the typical "chop"
through.

Never had an accuracy problem with the SCMS, it's properly adjusted and
I don't try to horse the thing through the cut.

Scott
up later, the damage remains.