Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
geoff geoff is offline

Default patronising digital advert

In message , "dennis@home"
writes

"Java Jive" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 31 Aug 2009 23:16:24 +0100, geoff wrote:

In message , Cash
?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?@?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.?.? .?.?.?.?.//.com.invalid
writes

And *WHAT* were your thoughts on 'oldies' when you were in your teens,
twenties, thirties - and possibly forties when you were showing
them how to
use that new fangled invention called the video recorder - or even early
mobile phones? ;-)

Actually, in my day it was hifi, but, while they needed some advice on
what technical specifications (remember them?) constituted hifi, none
of my parents had any difficulty at all in using such things.

HiFi is something the youth of today fail to understand.
They wouldn't buy mp3 players if they knew anything about HiFi.

From my experience the youth of today understands very little technical
stuff, the majority know next to nothing about how computers, TV,
radio, cars, (insert what you like) work.

A bit like you then, Dennis

--
geoff