Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.people.silversurfers,uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default patronising digital advert

"Peter Duncanson" wrote in message

It can! I saw the results in an office kitchen when the plumbed-in hot
water boiler (substitute for a kettle) had been emptied of hot water to
make many cups of coffee and tea in the space of a few minutes. The cold
tap was turned on to refill it. The lid was an airtight fit -- Bang! --
one crumpled boiler! The tea lady who had been innocently using it was
almost as damaged, mentally, as the boiler. She recovered but the boiler
didn't.

Just as well the thing didn't have a big heater in the bottom or the
opposite could have happened as the water boiled rapidly.
Which reminds me of the cock-up the mythbusters made with the steam cannon
myth.
How they came to the idea that, plugging a cannon and filling it with water,
then heating it to make steam was the same as heating it till it was really
hot and then chucking the water in, I will never understand.
One would do little, the other would work as a cannon needless to say they
choose the wrong one.